– Golg platted Miraculous Medal 18mm blessed by the monks of Saint-Joseph de Clairval
– Genuine semi-precious amber stones
– Genuine semi-precious mother of pearl stones
– Gold-plated pearls and clasp
The Miraculous Medal (French: Médaille miraculeuse), also known as the Medal of Our Lady of Grace, is a devotional medal, the design of which was originated by Saint Catherine Labouré following her apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Rue du Bac, Paris.
- Mother — Her open arms, the “recourse” we have in her.
- Immaculate — The words, “conceived without sin.”
- Assumed into Heaven — She stands on the globe.
- Mediatrix — Rays from her hands symbolizing “graces.”
- Our Protection — Crushes the serpent (Gn 3:15).
- The large letter “M” — Mary as Mother, Mediatrix.
- Cross and bar — Jesus’ Cross of Redemption. Interleaving of the M and the cross shows Mary’s close involvement with Jesus, which also implied her role as mediatrix
- 12 stars — 12 Apostles; also recall the vision of Saint John as experienced in Book of Revelation 12:1: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars”
- Left Heart — The Sacred Heart of Jesus, who died for the sins of humankind.
- Right Heart — The Immaculate Heart of Mary, who intercedes for sinners.
- Flames around both hearts — The burning love Jesus and Mary have for Catholics.
Made by hand in Stockholm.
Approximate length: 40CM.